Most Recent Update on: April 21, 2019
The Mojo Lab, LLC operates the website https://www.themojolab.com. We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. The Mojo Lab, LLC is the data controller that operates from 1567 Edgewater St NW, PMB #62, Salem, OR 97304.
This privacy notice governs the website https://www.themojolab.com and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through the sites listed above and via direct communications between you and The Mojo Lab, LLC. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other way communicate with us. Your privacy is very important to us.
WHAT WE COLLECT
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
What We Collect Automatically
Purchase History. When you make a purchase from The Mojo Lab, LLC for a product or service, a record of the transaction details are automatically recorded and retained for legal and tax purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you; process payments and/or refunds;
- Communicate with you.
- Promotional. We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics relevant to products or services you purchased or that you opted in to receive. You may opt out of these at any time. Visit the Your Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments, including support questions, blog post comments, services requests and other inquiries.
- Advertising. We may share new products or services with you or share other products and services that we feel would be of interest to you.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may also use your information to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways.
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as infrastructure and IT services. These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Payment Providers: We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
This site uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to some sites provided on The Mojo Lab or communications sent to you from its owner, Victoria Smith, and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. Some affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, Amazon.com.
THE MOJO LAB, LLC will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at THE MOJO LAB, LLC – victoria at themojolab dot com
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at THE MOJO LAB, LLC – victoria at themojolab dot com.
Updated on May 17, 2018 in compliance with GDMP requirements.