Hi there. I’m Victoria Smith.
Grab a cup of something warm and yummy and pull up a chair. Let’s get to know each other. The world can wait.
I’m Victoria, the owner and creator of the Mojo Lab. I’m an artist, writer, teacher, and creative guide. I help women step into their creative magic, connect with their inner wisdom and Mama Nature, and cultivate a way of being and walking in this world that makes their souls sigh with pleasure. This work is deep, powerful, playful, and sacred, and I absolutely adore it.
My work here at the Mojo Lab is the creative outgrowth of my adventures as a professional archaeologist. For more than 20 years, I investigated past ways of living, ritual power, sacred knowledge, symbolism, craft, and architecture. My deep love of fieldwork and leading expeditions naturally infuses my courses and other offerings exploring the landscapes of wonder, creativity, earth wisdom, enchantment, and intuition. I have an endless fascination with the natural world, storytelling, the creative process (in all its manifestations), and the wild edges and in-between places, all of which continues to inspire my creative life and work.
Slowing down to the Speed of Wonder
The constantly on, clamoring, consumer-driven and busy-worshiping culture around us can cause us to lose touch with our true selves, our gifts, and our own path. It’s no wonder when we feel overloaded, overstimulated, and distracted by the barrage of information and demands on our time and attention so much of the time.
This is sadly a common reality for many women these days. I know it all too well from personal experience.
I became so disconnected from myself and stressed out in my always-on work life I became seriously ill. While I loved the subject of my work, the crazy pace and workload were taking their toll after so many years. That was the wake up call for me and it set me on a rich new path. I learned to slow down and reinhabit my life, my values, and my body. As I slowed down, I started hearing my inner wisdom, intuition, creativity, and the wisdom of the natural world around me again. I listened to my soul’s desires and callings and committed to creating a more intentional and aligned life for myself ~ one full of meaning, creativity, connection, wonder, presence, and purpose. The result is a new way of living and working co-creatively with the Universe and Mama Nature that feels endlessly more inspiring, joyful, and aligned with my own values.
The landscape of my work
The online classes and programs I offer lie at the crossroads of creative magic, Earth Wisdom, and personal growth. I help women forge a stronger connection with their inner wisdom, courage, and creative spirit, as well as the natural world around them, so they always know where their true north lies. And that’s where the real adventure begins.
You see, I’m a firm believer in living with intention and expanding where our growth edges lie. I believe in taking action on our dreams guided by our own deep wells of wisdom and the wisdom of the more-than-human world in which we live. Together they form a brilliant and unerring map forward for us with wonder and curiosity to light the way.
And yes, you really can cultivate a soul-satisfying, creative, and magical way of life while still being part of the modern world around you. Moving to a secluded cottage in an ancient wild forest is not required, I promise. (But if you do, be sure to invite me over for tea.)
A bit about me
- I have an irrepressible sense of curiosity and creative drive, which has made for an adventurous life and career.
- I started out in art and art history before diving head first into a career in archaeology.
- That lead to earning an M.A. in Anthropology and Archaeology and more than 20 years conducting research and leading field expeditions.
- Before opening the Mojo Lab’s doors, I worked in corporatelandia for many years directing archaeology, architectural history, and historic preservation consulting projects and programs.
- I’m a trained Martha Beck Life Coach. But I don’t call myself a life coach (or coach of any kind) because it simply doesn’t capture the intuitive, collaborative, and creative ways I work with clients and students. I see myself more as a creative co-conspirator.
- My magical power is an uncanny knack for seeing beneath the surface to the heart of people and events.
- …in magic, especially the magic we conjure with our creativity and intention.
- …as women we are each gifted with deep inner wisdom, intuition, courage, soft wildness, and a generous dose of creative magic.
- …that the built and natural environment around us (our homes, work spaces, towns, and surrounding landscapes) affect us in profound ways.
- … connecting with the spirit, energy, and rhythms of nature is healing and enriching; it is an essential ingredient for a happy life, a healthy mind and body, and a sparkly spirit.
- … the key to a magical, joyful life is in making our choices based on what makes our souls sing, what nourishes our bodies and spirits, and creative expression.
- …it’s never too late (or too soon) to create the life we desire.
We all have sacred and joyful work to do here and each of us has our individual path we are called to walk. It’s so easy to get sidetracked and overwhelmed by the pace and noise of modern life. We can lose our way for a while. It seems we all do at some point. I certainly did.
We can get off course when we become disconnected from ourselves, our bodies, our inner wisdom, and Mama Nature, which always point true north for us when we tune in. Life is too short to be anything less than who we truly are.
At some point we wake up and understand. It’s time.